Thank you for your interest in IPMTAS. IPMTAS 2014 has concluded.
We look forward to seeing you next year!
The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Singapore Branch), in association with the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Centre and the Singapore International Arbitration Centre, proudly presents “CIArb – WIPO – SIAC Intellectual Property, Media & Technology Arbitration Symposium 2014, Singapore:
“Innovation Under The Global Spotlight – Overcoming Challenges, Changing Mindsets”
IP, technology and innovation are key drivers of economic growth globally and in Asia. The astonishing speed at which new ideas, products and technologies are being introduced into the world marketplace, coupled with the need to compete, create and innovate in the converging areas of Intellectual Property, Media and Technology, carries however risks and new challenges. What are those risks and challenges and how should businesses, innovators and their advisers deal with them? What mechanisms are currently in place to diffuse, avoid and resolve conflicts and what new measures and solutions should be considered?
Under the Singapore IP Hub Master Plan, Singapore aims to become a global IP hub with a world-class infrastructure and eco-system where businesses and investors are secure in protecting their rights, transacting deals across borders and resolving their disputes.
Hear the views of leading IP, arbitration and ADR experts and business leaders from around the world in this 2-day symposium as they discuss their experiences and address the key issues, best practices and new solutions.
This Symposium is ideal for all who are interested in the field of Intellectual Property, Media, Technology and Arbitration, including lawyers, in-house counsel, business leaders and advisers, consultants and experts.
- The Role of Intellectual Property and Technology in Global Commerce and the Strategic Importance of Effective Dispute Avoidance and Resolution.
- Smartphone Patent Wars – Apple vs Samsung – Motorola / Google and the Arbitration of FRAND disputes
- The Internet: Digital Media, Social Media, New Technologies and the Cloud- The disputes that can arise and how disputes may be resolved.
- Disputes in the Media, Entertainment and Sports Industries
- IP Exploitation: Licensing, Tech Transfer and IP Collaboration – Managing Risk and Resolving Challenges
- Masterclass in Arbitration Techniques and Practices
CIArb-WIPO-SIAC IPMTAS is a SILE-CPD accredited activity.